Home Home About Unforgettable Moments Email Me Image Map

Monday, August 5, 2013

Freebies

    For a few years now, I have been an avid downloader of free content from Teachers Pay Teachers. There are so many wonderful resources out there that I believe would work really well in my classroom. I have files for all primary and junior grades. Now that I know what grade I’ll be teaching, my downloads have become more specifically focused on Grade One content. Like I said, there are so many files and resources out there that have obviously been designed with a lot of care and attention. These excellent resources often cost money to download (as the website name suggests), and if you’re a recent grad/new teacher like myself, it would all add up very quickly. That’s why I was so happy today to see a freebie day on one of the teaching blogs I came across. 

    Let’s face it: getting free things is awesome! I went to a blog called Classroom Freebies and came across the Manic Monday link. The author of the blog posted links to 76 different teaching blogs that featured high quality free resources. Not every item worked for me, but I did end up downloading quite a few good ones. Here are some of the resources I downloaded for my Grade One classroom:
-Sight Word Phrase Puzzles
-Telling Time for Back to School
-Meet My Teacher

    There were so many more that I downloaded as well. It’s likely that I won’t use them all this year, but I like having them on hand so that if I’m ever stuck for an activity I have a handful of great resources at my fingertips. I think most of these resources would work really well at learning centres. If the content doesn’t match my programming but the style of the activity would work, then I can use these ideas and alter them to work for my students.

    Blogging is a great way to share with others the things you’ve been up to and the progress you have been making; but don’t forget to take a look at others’ teaching blogs. Chances are you’ll stumble across some excellent finds.

2 comments:

  1. Hi Marvellous Molly!!!

    Guess what?! I am nominating you for a Liebster Blog Award!!!

    If you aren't familiar with the award, follow my link below to learn more about it and how it all works:

    Fun With Firsties Liebster Blog Award

    I hope you'll accept the award with the excitement you would accept a pair of hot pink pants!!

    Sam xo
    Fun With Firsties

    ReplyDelete
  2. My pink pants are washed, dried, ironed, and ready to go. I will wear them as I recite my acceptance speech!

    ReplyDelete